No terrorist bound attack in Abuja and other cities of the country, DSS dismisses reports as fake

Written by  February 08 2020 font size decrease font size increase font size 0
Rate this item
(0 votes)

The Department of State Services, DSS has dismissed reports circulating on social media allegedly by the Service, to warn Nigerians over an imminent attack by terrorists in the Federal Capital Territory, FCT and in other parts of the country.

Spokesman of the Service, PETER AFUNANYA, in a statement countered reports that luxury buses of three major transport companies were hijacked on the Lokoja-Okene Road by persons suspected to be advocating an ethnic agenda.

 

The DSS said the alert allegedly issued by the Service on the arrival of Boko Haram and other terrorist elements had been in circulation since 2013 to cause chaos.

 

He further urged the public to disregard the false report as they are fake news.

 

Meanwhile; the Service said it will continue to collaborate with other sister agencies to ensure security for the people, government and infrastructure.

 

The DSS further promised to arrest all those into illegal activities.

Read 92 times

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

Subscribe to Newsletter

Recent Twitter Posts

Facebook