Muntari vows to walks off pitch if racist abuse reoccurs.

Published in Sports Written by  May 09 2017 font size decrease font size increase font size 0
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Ghanaian midfielder SULLEY MUNTARI says he would walk off the pitch again and again if there is a repeat of the racist incident he endured in a Serie A game against Cagliari last month.

The ex-Ghana international asked referee DANIELE MINELLI to stop the match but was instead booked for dissent in the 89th minute, prompting him to leave the pitch in protest, and he then received another yellow card.

 

MUNTARI was initially banned for one game but had the one-match ban overturned after the Italian Football Federation said it had considered the "particular delicacy" of the case.

 

In an interview with the BBC, the ex-Portsmouth player says it is time for people to speak up against racism.

Read 168 times

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

Listen live

Connect To Us

Advert

for more inquiries, please call

Photo

butterstone.jpg

Advert Space

Subscribe to Newsletter

Recent Twitter Posts

Facebook