Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Rafal Nadal To Miss Wimbledon

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Former world number one Rafael Nadal will miss Wimbledon with an injury to his left wrist.



The Spaniard, a 14-time Grand Slam champion, confirmed the news on his Facebook page on Thursday.

The two-time Wimbledon winner was forced to withdraw from the French Open in May after winning his second-round match.

"As you can imagine it's a sad decision but the injury on my wrist at Roland Garros needs time to heal," he said.

The 30-year-old needed an injection before his straight-sets win over Facundo Bagnis in Paris.

Nadal said he risked further injury - and a likely break in his wrist - if he continued to play.

The current world number four had already pulled out of next week's Wimbledon grass-court warm up at Queen's Club.

Nadal's wrist problem is the latest in a long list of injuries - including to his knees, back and shoulder - which have seen him miss a number of majors in his career. BBC said"

Read 1177 times

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

Subscribe to Newsletter

Recent Twitter Posts

Facebook